Be the Change, You Wish to See in the World.
-Ghandi

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

School or Money?

You know, the whole point of going back to school and attending college is to obtain a degree to land the desired occupation that will satisfy whatever need we have and also offer opportunities to make more income to support unnecessary commodities and privileges. This whole semester I have been kicking my ass and making damned good grades only to find out that none of that means anything because it's all about the government and its rules when it applies to helping students acquire loans for their college tuition. To tell me that I took out loans earlier this year to pay for college and books and that it is still not enough to cover next semesters tuition is preposterous. Yes, let's give money to the poor people in the hood who are on fixed income housing and abuse drugs on a regular if not daily basis. Let's give them money for food and shelter because they were exposed to a predisposition and it is not in their destiny whether they can choose to or not spend their money on some rock to feed their habits. Let's give them money, an ample amount at that, to support them and help them go back to college so that they can afford to go to school while caring after poor neglected children. Let's offer them the chance to turn things around so they will not be quite the crutch on the government. And let's give them the benefit of the doubt as well that they are not abusing these systems of welfare and charity for which they are so privileged to. And how dare we accuse them of trying to be anything less than they can be as well as crooks, or thieves of the common.


I am sick of hearing all this bullshit yet no one does anything about it. There are serious flaws when one's government wants to give funding for school to people who will not make a proper use of it when one's government could be giving people of all the equal opportunity.


I have no idea how I’m about to go on next semester and pay for all of the expenditures. Quite frankly I can see why so many of the citizens often take the easy way out instead of the honesty through. How can there be honesty with misrepresentations. And misrepresentations might as well be lies since they are far from the truth.


Well my friends, I know that I have the inner strength to find a way to make it through next semester and come up with the money for tuition. As well it might just kill me, I am determined to find a way for one day I shall overcome the impoverish ideas and shine with the light of greatness.


I will be strong.


I will see myself through.

1 comment:

Ms. Brown said...

You have certainly pinpointed a very tough issue here. To your credit, you have drawn the most persuasive lines. I wonder what solution there could be for this problem... ? Perhaps it's the standards by which we "judge" people who are asking for money. It has been a phenomenal time in America of late that so many have been able to attend college. The fear now, of course, is that it can't last because of the financial constraints. Good luck with your endeavors!